Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enchiladas for the mortals that might be here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I think this looks great for a quick recipe. I have not heard of Hatch but will see if it is available here. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    started a topic Enchiladas for the mortals that might be here

Enchiladas for the mortals that might be here

For those of you that have kids, are not yet retired, are somewhat lazy, and/or have not mastered the techniques of the entire world in your cooking, I've recently found a way to make easy great ground beef enchiladas at home. For those that don't fit those descriptions and that make your own tortillas and enchilada sauce you can move along now.

Hatch brand red enchilada sauce is pretty awesome. Pairs very well with Chi-Chi's seasoning in ground beef. It also pairs well with chicken breasts covered in pace picante and a little Malcom Reed's Gringo seasoning in crock pot (then shredded), and fair with chuck roast with same Gringo seasoning, but was awesome with Chi-Chi's ground beef.

I've made enchiladas like 3 times in 10 years previously and now 3 times in last 2 weeks since finding the Hatch sauce. Brown ground beef, follow Chi-Chi's seasoning directions, fill your favorite flour fajita tortillas (our personal preference over corn) with beef and a little cheese. Put a thin layer of sauce in bottom of pan (to prevent sticking mostly), put filled enchiladas in, spoon sauce over just enough to almost fully cover each enchilada, cover with cheese. Bake 375 15-20 until sauce is bubbling and cheese just starts to brown.

I'll do my best to get pictures of the finished product next time...I didn't think this was really a share recipe, but upon further consideration it is...for mortals.

I'm not trying to brag at all because there's nothing special here and nothing I've invented personally, but I would say to me (and my wife and daughter - daughter will not normally even eat an enchilada - and she's ate these twice) these enchiladas were 10x better than anything I ever tried to make at home previously with canned sauce and better than at least half of the enchiladas I've gotten at local Mexican joints as part of a combo platter.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; January 15, 2021, 12:28 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here