Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh red sauce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh red sauce!

barelflyTroutman Mr. Bones Click image for larger version  Name:	8F26D76D-696D-44BA-9FE1-92F77675027F.jpeg Views:	57 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	971326Click image for larger version  Name:	3D7B27EA-2CC8-46CF-BCC4-AA0311A68843.jpeg Views:	52 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	971327 Made a batch of red sauce with some chili pods I posted the other day! This is fantastic stuff and so easy to make! Thanks for the pits suggestions on how to use them !
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 10, 2021, 12:37 PM. Reason: With permission, ficksed my tag...

Awesome! I made some good red sauce a few months ago with some red Hatch chili pods, great stuff!

Comment

Oh heck yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! That is perfect! Great consistency and is blended well!

Man, you are gonna love it! Put it on everything make some eggs in the morning, or a smother breakfast burrito

hahah! Love it love it love it!

How is the heat?

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        These are considered mild which is right in line with my taste buds! Yea it’s going on everything. Any suggestions on thinning it down? I suspect chicken broth?...

• barelfly
        barelfly commented
        Editing a comment
        marshall chicken or beef broth, depending on what you put it on or put in it. Either would be fine.

Get after that!! That’s flowing through my veins. Except I had salmon.

that’s how you do it.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

That stuff, along with verde sauce is super versatile

Comment

Homemade red sauce is the best!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	E92C2639-7FD8-4A9E-A34C-8802638B6839.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	971467

Comment

• marshall
              marshall commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh wow, that’s a big batch! Do you freeze it?

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              marshall , I have, typically I give part of it away to neighbors, or friends.

Can anyone direct me to a recipe? I've always wanted to make red sauce.

Comment

Looks great. I am also curious about your ingredients

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                Can anyone direct me to a recipe? I've always wanted to make red sauce.
                JeffJ here is the recipe I went off , I did not add the butter, I did add the lemon juice highlight in blue as I felt it need some zest, also I added extra chicken broth as I blended to get the consistency I liked! Good look and just ask of you have any questions, although I'm no expert as this was my first batch lol ! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210106-182532.png
Views:	186
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	972392Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210106-182438_kindlephoto-164598978.png
Views:	185
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	972393

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here