Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever make taco shells like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black99vette
    replied
    Cool idea! Now with a wife (And her family) from Mexico I don't think I would get away with having a hard shell taco.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Pretty cool idea. The last few packs of pre-made shells I have bought have been stale, so we will have to try this.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    ...or a comal

• Attjack
    replied
    I will say it's a bit of a balancing act.

Leave a comment:

• Gwynster
    commented on 's reply
    This must be a California thing - I've got 2 friends, both from CA, who make tacos like this and I love them (the tacos that is - the friends are okay too).

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't take them that far. They were warm and held their shape but did not shatter when bitten. However had I let them go longer they would have.

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Hmmm. I take the corn tortilla, add meat (or chicken or whatever filling) and then fry it on oil, folding it over as soon as the tortilla is pliable and fry both sides. Don't fry them crispy, just crunchy around the edges is how I'd describe it. It's the way my Grandma did it. And for street style I just wrap in paper towel and lightly microwave. Not a fan of hard shells that burst when you bite 'em.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    I'll be giving it a shot for sure then, thanks for the idea. Might save me a mess and definitely some time!

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Nope. No hardshells here. Just a plancha.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Ain't, previous...

Might, now...

Thanks, Brother!

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Nice idea.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Neither. I had them in the oven while it started to come up to temp to warm them a little. You do have to careful keeping them centered on the wire.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I figure you could do 26 but I wasn't that hungry.
    Last edited by Attjack; April 16, 2019, 07:38 PM.

• FireMan
    replied
    That’s a lot of real estate & btu’s for 7 taco shells, but it looks really cool.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Dipped in oil first or sprayed, neither? Never done it this way, my way is much harder so you have my attention!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here