Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever make taco shells like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever make taco shells like this?

It turns you corn tortillas into taco shells.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190416_172409.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	665613

Dipped in oil first or sprayed, neither? Never done it this way, my way is much harder so you have my attention!

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Neither. I had them in the oven while it started to come up to temp to warm them a little. You do have to careful keeping them centered on the wire.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be giving it a shot for sure then, thanks for the idea. Might save me a mess and definitely some time!

That’s a lot of real estate & btu’s for 7 taco shells, but it looks really cool.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I figure you could do 26 but I wasn't that hungry.
      Last edited by Attjack; April 16, 2019, 07:38 PM.

Nice idea.

Comment

Ain't, previous...

Might, now...

Thanks, Brother!

Comment

Nope. No hardshells here. Just a plancha.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          ...or a comal

Hmmm. I take the corn tortilla, add meat (or chicken or whatever filling) and then fry it on oil, folding it over as soon as the tortilla is pliable and fry both sides. Don't fry them crispy, just crunchy around the edges is how I'd describe it. It's the way my Grandma did it. And for street style I just wrap in paper towel and lightly microwave. Not a fan of hard shells that burst when you bite 'em.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't take them that far. They were warm and held their shape but did not shatter when bitten. However had I let them go longer they would have.

• Gwynster
          Gwynster commented
          Editing a comment
          This must be a California thing - I've got 2 friends, both from CA, who make tacos like this and I love them (the tacos that is - the friends are okay too).

I will say it's a bit of a balancing act.

Comment

Pretty cool idea. The last few packs of pre-made shells I have bought have been stale, so we will have to try this.

Comment

Cool idea! Now with a wife (And her family) from Mexico I don't think I would get away with having a hard shell taco.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here