Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp tacos

Howdy.... anyone out their have a shrimp taco recipe?? I’ll be cooking on my pellet smoker.

I know next to nothing about a pellet cooker. But, I have cooked some shrimp in my time & it’s been hot & fast in a wok or a skillet or on a grill. Fast mostly cuz it doesn’t take much to cook shrimp. I question your method for your tacos. Maybe some pellet officianados will have some better advice.

Comment

Love my Camp Chef Pellet Smoker but don't cook shrimp on it. For me shrimp is either boiled or blackened in my cast iron skillet. We eat a lot of shrimp but do not use the pellet smoker. Sorry to post and not help.

Comment

Originally posted by jharner View Post
        Love my Camp Chef Pellet Smoker but don't cook shrimp on it. For me shrimp is either boiled or blackened in my cast iron skillet. We eat a lot of shrimp but do not use the pellet smoker. Sorry to post and not help.
        Shrimp Tacos
        Throw fresh shrimp on the Traeger for the next family BBQ. Smoked shrimp seasoned with Jacobsen's Sea Salt tastes fresh & delicious. Their pure sea salt gives this grilled shrimp recipe the perfect flavor.

I’m going to give this a go

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Wishin ya a great cook!

For what it's worth, I've done shrimp a bunch of times in my stove top smoker. They come out great and only take 15 minutes.

Comment

Lemon pepper, cilantro, green onions, lime juice and a touch of soy sauce and olive oil.
          Chop the green onions and cilantro up and to a ziplock bag with the shrimp, juice of one lime a couple dashes of soy sauce some olive oil and a couple tables spoons of lemon pepper seasoning. Let that marinate for about an hour in the fridge.
          i cook in a skillet over high heat with some canola oil and butter. Or on my frog mat on the gas grill.
          Serve with a fresh pickled slaw, slice of avocado and cilantro then a nice spicy mayo sauce all in a quality tortilla.

Comment

I too do a lime/soy/olive oil/cilantro mix. Let it marinade in the refrig and reserve some to baste. Unless you have a grill feature on your pellet smoker, I would recommend grilling hot rather than smoking low. You risk letting the shrimp get too dry going low. I normally skewer them and grill over hot coals or in my gas grill. Watch them close because the minute they turn opaque and are pinkish they are done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skewers 03.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	638169

Name:	skewers 06.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	638170

Comment

My favorite recipe:

TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE - Filled with juicy grilled shrimp and spicy avocado salsa, these shrimp tacos make a festive, tasty & healthy weeknight dinner.

Actually a great site for solid recipes that won’t break the bank and are especially good for busy families.

Comment

Here is a good video from Steven Raichlen for smoked shrimp. He’s making shrimp cocktail with the shrimp but I bet the marinade he uses would be great for shrimp tacos.

Comment

• Donw
                  Donw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  +1 Done a couple of Raichlen shrimp dishes and they all turned out well on my pellet smoker.

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
                I too do a lime/soy/olive oil/cilantro mix. Let it marinade in the refrig and reserve some to baste. Unless you have a grill feature on your pellet smoker, I would recommend grilling hot rather than smoking low. You risk letting the shrimp get too dry going low. I normally skewer them and grill over hot coals or in my gas grill. Watch them close because the minute they turn opaque and are pinkish they are done.

Name:	skewers 03.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	638169

Name:	skewers 06.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	638170
                Looks amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here