Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Street Barbecue's Pulled Pork Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Street Barbecue's Pulled Pork Tacos

These tacos outsell everything else I have on the trailer.
    6 inch soft flour or corn tortillas
    Pulled pork
    Fresh Pico de Gallo (diced tomatoes, onions, lemon juice and sea salt)
    Black Beans
    Cotija Cheese
    Ranchili Sauce (Ranch dressing blended with chipotles in adobo sauce and fresh cilantro)
    Sour cream
    fresh cilantro

Add all ingredients in the above order to the tortilla and serve. Nice and easy, great flavor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tacos.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	567176

I need to make some of that Ranchili sauce. Sounds damn good.

Comment

• SouthStreetBarbecue
      SouthStreetBarbecue commented
      Editing a comment
      It's ridiculously good for how simple it is. And it works so well with the bite from the cotija cheese. Not sure how well it would work with the Carolina style pork, but it's great with the slight hint of sweet from a brown sugar rub in the pulled pork. Not stereotyping or assuming you do Carolina style pulled pork of course.

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      SouthStreetBarbecue no worries at all!

Looks fabulous!

I am going to do something like this... I once did something similar, but I took the pulled pork, spiced it up some more with some chili powder and other stuff, then broiled it in the oven to make it crispy and called it carnitas. I'm not sure if that's really legit, but it was surely good! I like the ingredients in yours, though - thanks for sharing!

Comment

That's our favorite way to eat PP. We do a similar sauce with mayo and adobo, but I will be trying the ranchili for sure.

Comment

• SouthStreetBarbecue
        Editing a comment
        I may have to try it with the mayo now, didn't think of that. And try it with Miracle Whip as well.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        And try it with Miracle Whip as well.
        Yup. Me too.
        In th name of Science, of course

I've been using sriracha mayo by Lee Kum Kee as a topping for tacos. I find myself using it on sandwiches as well. Your tacos look awesome by the way. Love the addition of the cojita, been using that a lot to make elote.

Comment

• SouthStreetBarbecue
        Editing a comment
        I never knew much about cotija until we started using it. Now I see it popping up in recipes everywhere. Kind of weird.

Looks delicious! No crunch?

i do pulled chuckies with creamy slaw also with an egg in taco/burritos.

Your tacos look great!!

Comment

I just got done eating 2 pulled pork taco's when I ran across this thread. Yours look fabulous! I put pulled pork in a soft shell taco top with some coleslaw and then some Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Red Chili Sauce. Simple but good!

Comment

SouthStreetBarbecue what is the ratio of ranch to adobo peppers and sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenixrising103 View Post
          SouthStreetBarbecue what is the ratio of ranch to adobo peppers and sauce?
          That's a fantastic question. We go more by color than anything, but I believe it started out as about nine tablespoons of the adobo (pureed) to a gallon of ranch. With the cilantro we shove a bunch into a 12 cup food processor to fill it up without packing it down. It's really a question of personal taste and how much heat you want to incorporate. We wanted the kick without scaring off the less adventurous customers.

Comment

Beautiful tacos...hungry for a midnight snack now!

What do you do for a rub on the pork? When I do pulled pork for barbecue, I have a more traditional rub (a modified version of MMD), but when I do pork shoulder for carnitas I use my Mexican seasoning as the rub. What’s your flavor profile like?

Comment

Originally posted by Santamarina View Post
              Beautiful tacos...hungry for a midnight snack now!

What do you do for a rub on the pork? When I do pulled pork for barbecue, I have a more traditional rub (a modified version of MMD), but when I do pork shoulder for carnitas I use my Mexican seasoning as the rub. What’s your flavor profile like?
              It's my own rub which is fairly basic. Salt, granulated garlic, granulated onion, dark brown sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper. I have it written down somewhere but I have it mixed by McCarthy Spice in St. Louis so I don't have to make it myself any more. If I can track down my files with it I'll share it.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                Editing a comment
                No cumin? I always add cumin when doing a Mexican-style flavor profile.

• SouthStreetBarbecue
                Editing a comment
                The pulled pork is the regular stuff I serve in sandwiches and nachos. I didn't add any different ingredients, and the flavor profile works so well with everything else I don't want to add anything new to upset the balance.
                But now we're getting ready to close for the season and it's experiment time so the cumin might have to make an appearance...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here