Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arepas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arepas

Just happens to be having some good homemade Arepas for lunch,, so good way to help this channel. If you have never had one they are a corn patty hollowed out and filled with anything you desire, you would destroy. McDonald's with these. Very easy to make you can cook them in a frying pan, in a oven or smoke them on your grill Click image for larger version

Name:	20180720_114941.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	534933Click image for larger version

Name:	20180720_114932.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	534934Click image for larger version

Name:	20180720_115007.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	534935

recipe for the buns would be awesome

Comment

Chorizo and eggs is one of my favorites. I just don't care for it much mixed with refried beans. Tortillas has always been the stand bye but this looks like a nice change of pace.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a great change of pace and there is no wrong way to fill one

Arepas are very common in Venezuela and Colombia, essentially replacing the tortilla there. In much of Colombia they are made thinner and topped with butter, cheese, and meat/egg/whatever. We have a special little circular grill thing that goes over our stove burner to cook them. Source: wife is Colombian

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arepas.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	534959
    Last edited by PBCDad; July 20, 2018, 11:04 AM. Reason: Edited to add photo of arepa grill thingy

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      These were made by a woman from Venezuela

Never heard of em. Sure sounds tantalizingly good. Got to get myself together & try em. Thanx.

Comment

Sounds like a cross between a fresh corn tortilla and tamale. This is definitely in my culinary wheel house. Gotta try these.

Comment

I need to get on this and also homemade tortillas on the griddle!

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        You will love them

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here