Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stir Fried Tacos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stir Fried Tacos!

I got permission from SWMBO to make BEEF tacos, and that's rare. I decided that I wanted to grill some skirt steak for this, but the local Publix didn't have any today. The flank steak did not look good and then I saw some sirloin cut into strips for fajitas. I prefer to cook a whole hunk o' meat on the grill and then cut it up for serving, but with the chance of bad weather I decided to buy the strips and stir fry them in the wok. That worked like a charm, and the slight char on the meat that I had seasoned with taco seasoning tasted great. One nice thing about about doing it this way was that I could pull the smaller strips first, and work my up to the largest pieces. I was able to get almost all the pieces cooked to medium, and they were more tender than I expected.

I didn't get a photo of the meat in the wok - it was cooking too fast.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220513_173655[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	1221030

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220513_175657_03[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	1221031

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220513_174318[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	1221032

Last edited by RonB; May 13, 2022, 05:07 PM.

That looks outstanding! Almost like carne asada.

Comment

Looks good enough to eat!

Comment

DAYUUUUUMMMMMM. That’s all I got right now. Gotta grab some towels to wipe off my face.
        And the screen on my phone

Comment

That look delicious

Comment

Nice to know how to wok meat for taco.
            looks so good.

Comment

I love it!!! COSTCO has been selling New York sliced for the same price per pound as their regular NY steak for over six months. I season some for stir fry and some for fajitas/tacos. I let them sit for a day in the fridge and then freeze. It is so very convenient on the Blackstone. Sometimes it feels like cheating but the feeling is really fleeting because it tastes so good!
              Last edited by tbob4; May 13, 2022, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Wow, funny you should bring this up as a post. Just finished supper & sit down & you mention somethin I had just finished, a stir fried race delight. No pics cuz I ett it. Had som beef tenderloin tips bite size, onion, garlic, ginger, a yelled pepper & wild rice on a tortilla (2). Cool doin it isn’t it Mr. Ron? Nice lookin meal there bud.

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes it is. I'm kinda happy about the pending bad weather now.

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I truly hate spell check. I have no idea what race delight is. 🕶

Very nice!

Comment

Tacos and the meat look great! The wok has become my indoor grill alternative for sure. So flexible.

Comment

Looking great, will definitely give that a try.

Comment

Looks delicious...
                      in my house, unfortunately, that meat would have to be cooked to well done, or my SWMBO would never eat it 😪

Comment

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hear you, and mine used to be that way. I've got her down to Med-Well these days though, so that's an improvement. I usually just give myself the thicker steak, and am always sure to temp hers to 145+ and mine to the 135 I prefer... thank goodness for the Thermapen!

• RonB
                        RonB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was raised that way too. It took a long time for me to get past well done everything.

• RonB
                        RonB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just had a thought - you can pull yours at whatever point you want, and let hers cook longer. That would be a win - win.

Been thinking the same thing. Found a 1.25 lb. Flatiron Chuck in the discount bin. Going to marinate it with lime, cilantro, onion and seasonings and grill it. Then slice it for street tacos.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here