Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cat is having the same problem I had when I first tried tamales....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    I have a terrible admission, I didn't use to check that stuff... we had a Chihuahua and well, she's mexican right? So she got tomatoes and onions and whatever else. We had to put her down at 9 years old because of a heart issue, but the vet said it was a disease that little dogs get... later the studies came out about legumes. But yeah, onions and tomatoes especially can be deadly to dogs. Not sure about cats.

• 58limited
    replied
    Agreed. Beware of feeding spicy (or any) table scraps to your pets. The grease and spices can cause pancreatitis. The onions used in a lot of human foods can cause Heinz body anemia in pets, which can be fatal.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    I mean I literally just fed my dogs rice with chopsticks, and when one wasn't interested he got a tiny taste of soy sauce... so who am I to judge... just be aware that some of the stuff in microwave mexican isn't so great for our fur friends

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    This thread should be referred to Huskee

I save the husks for dessert, no problem. Fry them up for crispy husk chips.
    The husks are the right size and seasoned for reuse.

Last edited by bbqLuv; October 14, 2021, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Ha! I did the same thing the first time. I wondered how anyone could eat them. Of course once corrected I found them really good.

Leave a comment:

• My cat is having the same problem I had when I first tried tamales....

My local grocery store (HEB) stocks some pretty decent pork tamales. I just microwaved four of them, but forgot how filling these things are. So I placed one back on the plate and put the plate beside me, which is the signal that I am done and the cats can have what's left.

One of our cats leaped up and started to devour the leftover tamale....and I had to immediately intervene as he had the same problem I had when I first tried tamales years ago. I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat the husks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here