Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My cat is having the same problem I had when I first tried tamales....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat is having the same problem I had when I first tried tamales....

My local grocery store (HEB) stocks some pretty decent pork tamales. I just microwaved four of them, but forgot how filling these things are. So I placed one back on the plate and put the plate beside me, which is the signal that I am done and the cats can have what's left.

One of our cats leaped up and started to devour the leftover tamale....and I had to immediately intervene as he had the same problem I had when I first tried tamales years ago. I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat the husks.

Ha! I did the same thing the first time. I wondered how anyone could eat them. Of course once corrected I found them really good.

Comment

This thread should be referred to Huskee

I save the husks for dessert, no problem. Fry them up for crispy husk chips.
      The husks are the right size and seasoned for reuse.

Last edited by bbqLuv; October 14, 2021, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I mean I literally just fed my dogs rice with chopsticks, and when one wasn't interested he got a tiny taste of soy sauce... so who am I to judge... just be aware that some of the stuff in microwave mexican isn't so great for our fur friends

Comment

Agreed. Beware of feeding spicy (or any) table scraps to your pets. The grease and spices can cause pancreatitis. The onions used in a lot of human foods can cause Heinz body anemia in pets, which can be fatal.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a terrible admission, I didn't use to check that stuff... we had a Chihuahua and well, she's mexican right? So she got tomatoes and onions and whatever else. We had to put her down at 9 years old because of a heart issue, but the vet said it was a disease that little dogs get... later the studies came out about legumes. But yeah, onions and tomatoes especially can be deadly to dogs. Not sure about cats.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here