Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Smells Like Mexican Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen Smells Like Mexican Heaven

I just finished making the marinade for Kenji's Carne Asada recipe and as per the title, the kitchen smells heavenly. The combination of the toasted then ground cumin and coriander seeds along with the microwaved ancho and guajillo peppers is making both myself and my fuzzy buddy Willow drool.
    Granted, I doubled the recipe but have to love one that uses 4 tablespoons of fish sauce. :-)
    Last edited by pkadare; September 2, 2021, 12:58 PM.

That's a LOT of fish sauce!

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I added it a little at a time and tasted in between. I did wind up adding all 4 though and it tastes awesome! Half of the batch gets additional salt and becomes the marinade while the other half is served as a salsa/sauce.

Depending on the 401 I can be there in 80 or 90 mins, oh hell, I'll take to 407....gimme an hour!!!!

Comment

I use that recipe as part of my xmas eve dinner offering. Went Mexican for the last two years, refried beans were a disaster though and didn't make an appearance year 2...

Comment

Ya got my mouth waterin'.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine, as well...

Wow! Looks like a great recipe.

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, right? The only change I've made is that I'm using a pork picnic shoulder. While not a butcher, I've deboned and trimmed up enough of these over the years that I'm comfortable with it. Since I'm using a shoulder, I'm also leaving out the bacon.

Sí señor luciendo bien en la capucha del vecino

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here