Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dia del Taco - World Taco Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dia del Taco - World Taco Day

Wednesday, March 31st here in Houston is officially being declared World Taco Day. The idea came from the Hispanic Dia del Taco movement stated in Mexico in 2007. A local owner of a Mexican restaurant called Pico's is promoting the idea which he hopes will eventually spread Texas wide, and who knows maybe nationally as well !!

It might sound like just another PR stunt—but for Picos, which was recently targeted by anti-immigrant threats, the holiday is a celebration of resilience. It might sound like just another PR stunt—but for Picos, which was recently targeted by anti-immigrant threats, the holiday is a celebration of resilience.

Although I'm not going to brave the crowds down in Houston, I'm going to celebrate by cooking the 5th in my series for the Taco Chronicles by doing Tacos al Carbon, a Houston favorite. I encourage all Texans, as well as non-Texans (really anyone who loves tacos) to participate with us.

So next Wednesday, the 31st, SHOW ME YOUR TACOS !!!!!

Taco day on a Wednesday???? Why not Tuesday!!

ha. Well, you know it’s Taco Tuesday any day for me (made shrimp tacos last night!!!!) So I need to come up with something for this

thanks for sharing! And looking forward to Tacos al Carbon!

Comment

Looking forward to the write up. I'll have to mark my calendar; I am scheduled for me 2nd shot on the 31st, so I can celebrate that too. With a cold Tecate or Modelo

Comment

Excited to see your run at this. What's your connection to the Taco Chronicles? Are you actually involved with the series somehow or just working through your versions based on their series as a tribute to it? I have watched several episodes and love the series and wish the girls would try some of them if I made them. It's pretty much Americanized tacos only for them. Really adventurous is using shredded chicken or steak instead of ground beef

Also, as a completely unrelated side note your signature doesn't ever show anything for me. I'm sometimes curious to the tools you might have used for something, but when I highlight the sig icon, I just see the headers (Outdoor Cookers, BBQ accessories, etc.).

Comment

Interestingly, March 31st is Cesar Chavez Day here in Califor-ni-a. He was a pretty cool cat who did some great things for farmworkers.

Comment

Not that I'm supportive of a day for tacos, I mean, if you need a special taco day you're clearly doin' it wrong. On the other hand the 31st is my birthday, and I do love tacos, so I'll allow it.

Comment

Cerveza, Spanish for PBR.

Comment

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Tacos Español for tacos.

I'm in for taco's, any time any day

Comment

Getting an early start; I'm having Tacos' de Buche for lunch today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here