Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll Cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Cutter

I finally worked my way through my last bulk roll purchase from FoodSaver (FS). Based on recommendations from all you experts, I went in search of a better alternative. I settled on foodvacbags.com. (FVB) They are cheaper, have free shipping and offer 6" rolls as well as the typical 8" and 11". I like the quality of the bags. They seems a step up from FS. But they come in 50' rolls. And therein lies my conundrum. How do you handle 50' rolls? They do not come anywhere close to fitting in or around the FS vac As info, FS roll is 2.5", FVB is 3". I found a place online that sells a counter cutter, but costs more to ship than buy.
    https://www.impakcorporation.com/sea...mate/ECR12SKKT, if anyone is interested.

So how do my experts approach this problem? Thanks.

I use a paper cutter to cut my rolls into bags. Priced all over the place and sold everywhere.

Comment

Save the cardboard tube(s) and roll enough of the 50' replacement roll onto one (fasten with scotch tape) to make a "normal" diameter roll for the FS. Been doing it for years without a problem ...

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^This^^

Ya don't really need the roll, you can just roll up enough to fit, but the tube does make it easier.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I like cheapo too, and PBR cheapo beer with great taste coming this summer.

I knew y'all come up with something good. I like the cardboard tube solution. Its free. Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here