Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide + Charcoal Charred Tri TIp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide + Charcoal Charred Tri TIp

Tri Tip has always been one of my favorite cuts and provides unbelievably delicious and versatile leftovers. (LOVE my leftovers!) Think I finally perfected it! This one was very lightly brushed with bacon fat, alder smoked salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin, cooked Sous Vide at 131 for 7 hours, then charred on my Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. I was absolutely in heaven sopping up the juices with some homemade crusty sourdough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Ready for bed.JPEG
Views:	252
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	984407Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Time for the Sauna.JPEG
Views:	267
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	984409Click image for larger version

Name:	3-Good Char.JPEG
Views:	242
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	984406Click image for larger version

Name:	4-Perfect Slices.JPEG
Views:	323
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	984405Click image for larger version

Name:	5-Crusty Sourdough.JPEG
Views:	240
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	984408

Looks perfect! One of my favs also.

Comment

Man that’s a winner. I’m drooling.

Comment

Gorgeous and nice char. I always like some char on my TT. Great job

Comment

Great lookin’ TT!

Comment

Sous vide is the only way I'll do tri-tip. Awesome cook right there!!

Comment

• jumbo7676
              jumbo7676 commented
              Editing a comment
              OP did 131/7. Do you do something similar?

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              jumbo7676 I'm pretty sure I was in the 3-4 hour range at 131.5. Depending if it was an individual steak or the whole thang.

Great looking cook. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Wait. You have leftovers?
              How is that possible with such an outstanding piece of meat like that.

Great cook.

Comment

• nmautone
                nmautone commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually cooked two, simply because I always want leftovers! Great for steak and eggs and tacos, of course, but wow does it make great quick stir fry with buckwheat noodles and caramelized onions and carrots.

I've done tri-tip about everyway imaginable from grilling open flame to smoking low and slow and must admit your method is probably my favorite as well. I also do large cuts of Picanha the same way. It's difficult to get the edge to edge pink, medium rare finish otherwise. Well done sir !!!

Comment

• jumbo7676
                jumbo7676 commented
                Editing a comment
                OP did 131/7. Do you do similar time and temp?

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Depends upon the size of the roast but no I generally do about 3-4 hours. I want a softer finish to the meat.

Looks Amazing, fantastic,
              Happing grilling at its best, and PBR too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here