Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A different Take on Sous Vide - Bagless??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different Take on Sous Vide - Bagless??

Just what we need is another gadget but this new Anova cooker looks interesting:

Convection meets steam injection for some of the most efficient cooking possible on a countertop. The Anova Precision™ Oven is a combi oven for the home, with all of the features of a pro-level combi oven at a fraction of the cost.

Oh geez. Just what this crowd needs. Another cooking gadget. 🙄 I anxiously await the reviews on its performance.

Comment

Pro bakers bake artisan bread using steam. Thank goodness - I have no counter space for another gadget...

Comment

My first though was,,,,,boiled dinner ??!!!!😂🤣👍👍👍

Comment

Damn, and we just got an air fryer. Now the counter is full

Comment

Also not available yet. And... really... not that interesting to me. If I want a moist oven environment, I can put a pot with water in it in the oven. The precision is nice on the surface, but it just doesn't matter for many of the things I do in an oven. As a replacement for sous vide it's intriguing but it would need to be able to do really long (24+ hour) cooks.
            Last edited by rickgregory; August 1, 2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Crap!! LOL

If that things works like it's supposed to...I will definitely be onboard. "Take my money!"

I mentioned in another thread that I miss my combi. So again, if this works anything close to a true combi...sign me up!

The BIG catch though is the size...
              Clearly it's not huge, which makes it good for most people's countertops...but from a practical stand point...it's kinda small. That said...for a family. it's not tiny.

I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.
              Last edited by surfdog; August 1, 2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

It’s interesting but I’d be concerned that while a "real" SV hot tub filled with water cooks by conduction (WAY more efficient than by convection), the new oven in SV mode is a convection cooker. I’m thinking that a LOT more time will be needed to achieve the same results.
                Last edited by MBMorgan; August 1, 2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Polarbear777
                  Polarbear777 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Boiling eggs in water or steaming them takes the same amount of time to cook. If this could maintain 100% humidity, it seems like it might actually work.

I saw info over a year ago about them working in this. I had hoped/expected the price point to be less than it is.

Why do I think this is not exactly what it seems? Sous vide seems like a stretch to describe how it works. My advice is to wait for the reviews.

Comment

So, who will be first to get one and do an "honest" review? If I am spending $600, it will be a great device, no matter how crappy it is, since they got my $600. I would prefer not spending $600 to have a "great" device.

Comment

Someone on this site has to have gotten one of these? Where are the reviews? Still on the fence, but, leaning more to getting one and trying it out. It is big and weights 50 pounds, not for the feint of kitchen counter top space.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here