Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pjlstrat
    replied
    Thank you both for fantastic advice!!!! This is one of the many reasons I love this site!!!!! fzxdoc pkadare

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    This is quite common in the QVQ process, I came to learn after my first few QVQ cooks. The smoke components are so small that they can leach out of the bag, discoloring the water.

I was concerned, posting on another topic, that the contamination of the sous vide water would somehow mess up the working of my Joule, but Potkettleblack assured me that all would be well, even with repeated QVQ cooks, and so far he's been 100% right. I don't see any ill effects of smoky water pulsing through my sous vide unit.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    replied
    Chances are you didn't have a leak at all. Most of those bags are air permeable to a certain amount from the inside out. If they weren't, there's a chance that they'd explode. A little bit of odour in your water is not going to in any way damage your SV device.

Leave a comment:

• pjlstrat
    started a topic SV Question

SV Question

Trying QVQ for the first time. I single bagged for SV after the first smoke and the water, this morning, smells smoky, so I pulled out and double bagged. The water looks clear, but given the smell I obviously had a leek. Would you swap out the water? Like I said it is clear, but I am scared of damaging the SV device.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here