Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First QVQ Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First QVQ Try

Here is my first try at QVQ via the Troutman post. I will continue to edit and keep updated....

4.2lb Chuckie from Crowd Cow
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1729.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	831909

48 Hour dry brine thanks to great advice from the Pit

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1730.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	831908

Rubbed with BBBR and on the Primo with Post oak chunks at 275deg.....Put on some chicken legs for dinner as well.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1732.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	831907

Also a little Whistle Pig Rye while the Primo does it's thing
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1731.jpg Views:	13 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	831906

The Bark set pretty good.....Pulled at 125
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1733.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	831969

Into the SV...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1735.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	831967

I use a colander when it floats a bit

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1736.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	831966

Next Post on Saturday!!

Final Product Came Out Fantastic!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	834874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	834873Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	834872

That was a really fun cook!!! I want to thank Troutman for the QVQ directions!! They were fantastic. My only complaint, which has zero to do with troutman's instructions, is I over smoked mine a bit. I went with 3 post oak chuncks on the initial Q and another 3 on the final Q. That was too much. I will dial back next time......and OH THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME!!!
    Last edited by pjlstrat; April 19, 2020, 04:12 PM.

I like the rye whiskey part the best

Comment

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to your results.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      My husband always says, "Kathryn, you don't always have to fix a drink whenever you fire up your cookers." Whaaat? That's part of the fun--watching that smoke and sipping a libation.

K.

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen fzxdoc Amen.

That looks fantastic.

And the chuckie looks pretty good too

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Mmmmm....whistle pig......

and that chuckie....this thread came up at a good time! I got one today and was thinking QVQ all the way!

Glad it came out well!

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!

How long in the water bath? What temp?

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      temp 129 deg for 3 days....Then an ice bath and into the fridge for a day until the weekend. Then a 3 hour smoke at 250deg but I did not let the meat get above 130.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here