Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More SVQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More SVQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200315_163637.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	815599Click image for larger version

Name:	20200315_174840.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	815600 I bought a half picnic shoulder and put the entire package into a bath at 131. Let it go overnight, probably around 18-20 hours, didn't really sweat exact time. Iced it down and hit it with a mojo rub before putting it on a kettle at about 250 around noon. There was salt in the rub but I planned on salting as I sliced because the skin was still on so I didn't think pre salting would do much. Cooked for 5 hours or so low and slow I didn't want the pork to appear rare and wanted to see how it was just letting it go past the bath temp. Added more lite coals and just let it cook as high as the kettle would go to get the skin crackling. Then a mojo sauce sliced up and served. Came out real tender sliceable pieces I didn't want it to pull. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200315_163635.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	815598

Looks delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here