Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting into Soux Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinaker and Huskee this previous post might be SPAM. Vigilance required.

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for swatting that bug.

Kathryn

I use this with a hole cut in the top that gives a nice snug fit for the sous vide controller. I have done many, many cooks that run 3+ days, and I've never had to add water. Plus being insulated cuts down on power consumption. Another plus is it will take full slabs of pork ribs, and full packers without needing to trim them down.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=coleman+p...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Before anybody gets the mistaken idea that I might not be an idiot after all, I got the idea from here.

The key word to sous vide containers is insulation. Learn how to make the MOST effective cooking vessel with Anova's step-by-step sous vide cooler guide.

Last edited by willxfmr; February 4, 2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• ScottyC13
      ScottyC13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn’t look idiotic to me! Thanks for posting.

I unscrewed the lid off the cooler and bought a piece of 2 inch foam, cut it to fit and drilled the hole in that and saved my lid to use as a cooler

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here