Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Learning this souuie sooouuie sous vide thing on pulled pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    145x48 should do the trick. Maybe 36.
    Health inspectors probably don't care about time/temp kill curves, so maybe not.

The lower you go, the less moisture gets squeezed out. Also, you get a bit more smoke adherence/penetration during the Q step, at least according to folks in more dedicated SV groups.

• hogdog6
    replied
    Love the story keep us posted for sure

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I was thinking (ouch), is I took it higher, then when I smoked it I could get it in the smoker for a little longer, thus making more of a bark.
    At 145 how long should it be? But when I’m serving to the public, I have to to hold above 140 ( which it is) but the health dept (when they do on the spot inspections like to see the holding temps around 155). The closer to the danger zone, the more Inspections.
    I like to keep a hold around 165-170 range in my hot box for all the types of meat.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Agree, I like lessor for longer

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    someday, we'll get you down to 145 for longer... ;-)

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Yay! I'm so happy to hear that it all turned out so well for you, Nuke em . Selling out of 120 lbs of meat in 4 hours is pretty impressive. Looks like you've got a good handle on the SVQ method. Congrats!

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Great story. Keep up the good work, brother...

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    replied
    Personally, I think it is better at a lower temp of 165 instead of 176. But that’s another story. Still experimenting.
    i don’t reckon he even knows what that is. I know I didn’t a few years back.
    Now it’s onto the next adventure of national night out for 4500 people. Stay tuned

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    commented on 's reply
    No I sous vide it on wed into thurs then shocked it and put in the fridge. Am Saturday430 am I pulled em out and smoke em back up to temp and held for serving. That makes a smoke ring and some bark. Not as much as smoking all the way without sous vide but with it being wet and cold, the smoke sticks pretty well. Just not a meteor liking dark

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh yes. Missed the svq part. Thank you!

• Troutman
    replied
    You should have told him that was cooked SVQ, that would have really blown his mind !! Nice job, so glad to hear a member succeeding in wowing the peeps !!!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Great story. Better than paid advertising!

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think that's correct. He did a "SVQ" which implies a short(er) smoke followed by SV to completion. But I could be wrong.

• Meathead
    replied
    GREAT story! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Hahaha. Great story. So if i read right, the pulled pork had no smoke on it whatever? Any kinda rub or just salt and let the customers sauce?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here