Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Windsor Chops HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SV Windsor Chops HELP!

I've got some Windsor Chops (Smoked Pork Chops) in the freezer. The Butcher I got them from said that they are cooked (Hot Smoked I imagine) so just warm them up. I'm thinking about Sous Vide. Maybe 120* for 2 hours and then on the Grill Grates just long enough to add grill marks so my guests think they look nice. Any thoughts or other ideas on time and temperature?

I took two chops out of the freezer yesterday and put them in at 135. Don't remember how long they were in there, most of all afternoon. Put them on the grill to make marks and add colour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1609.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	720422

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1611.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	720423

Comment

If they smoked them to 140ish (which I'm guessing they did), your plan is probably safe enough. I wouldn't let them exceed 140 and dry them out too much.

Comment

Since they are already cooked I'd just put them on the grill and take them to 140 or so. SV would just be a wasted step in this case.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here