Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Turkey for Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    I have no comment on this subject but welcome to the pit.

Leave a comment:

• hogdog6
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman IMHO. you got it right

• Troutman
    replied
    I’m a bit confused (which is par for the course), why are you keeping it a long time on your Weber? Are you trying to pick up as much smoke as possible after the bath?

Heres a strategy you might consider. Go ahead and smoke your bird whole first. When meat is cold and raw it takes on the most smoke. Take it up to about 140*. Then cut it up, bag it and into the SV in batches.

Final step is to crank up the heat and do a final crisping of the skin and warm the meat. We call it QVQ. Give it a try, best turkey ever

Oh and welcome to the Pit !!

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Rosie first welcome to the Pit from the mountains of NC, hope you become a whole member. Now to the turkey. How high have you SV'd your turkey to the safe 165 temp. If so them I would get your Weber up to 300 and place the turkey on the grill. An hour to warm up the bird and crisp the skin should be enough. I hate soggy skin. LOL Once it gets back to 165 in the thigh and breast you can take it off and tent it the crisp skin should stay crisp for a while I have found up to an hour and the turkey will stay safe also.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Exact time depends on the size of the turkey, but since it's already cooked, I'd pull it on the low side - maybe 150? However, I'd be concerned about the skin. I cook poultry hot and fast so the skin will crisp. I can't see that happening at 250.

Leave a comment:

• Rosie
    started a topic Sous Vide Turkey for Thanksgiving

Sous Vide Turkey for Thanksgiving

I will not be able to fit the entire turkey parts in my pot - so I will be cooking them in two batches - dark, then light. I will place the first batch in the frig while the second is cooking. Then I plan to smoke/grill the turkey on the Weber. How long can I keep the meat smoking at a low temp (250??) in the Weber without overcooking? I have been following the recipe for Weber'ed turkey on this website for years and now want to try something different, but keep that great smoked taste!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here