Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breville has bought ChefSteps/Joule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breville has bought ChefSteps/Joule

Check it out https://www.chefsteps.com/forum/post...steps-breville

Oh boy. I have a Breville coffee grinder/maker and it is awesome. So hopefully they will keep up the quality and innovation that Joule/Chefs Steps is known for!

Comment

Wow, that's a good solution to their recent issues. I'm sure there will be some acquisition pains and glitches here and there, but overall a good thing.

I'm glad to hear ChefSteps is able to continue. I don't have a Joule, but have used their advice and techniques extensively with my 'other brand' SV sticks. Maybe I'm part of the problem?

Comment

Good news. The more competition, the better the products. They mentioned keeping pressure on Anova - I have one of theirs - makes me happy.

Comment

I love Breville products. I started with their microwave. It has a big circular button/knob with '30 seconds' written in large font. Hit it twice, you get 60, three times, 90 secs. Need I continue? Simple to operate, don't need my old age glasses in order to figure out. My daughter's Wolf microwave/convection takes me forever to operate. All uniform buttons with the same tiny font size. (It's like trying to determine what is conditioner, what is shampoo, what is body bath in a hotel shower with your glasses on the counter. I mean, how small can you print the labels!)
          Then I added their food processor. Strong, heavy, great motor, logical attachments with transparent storage box. Then, the long slice toaster ('quick look' button, easy to follow progress.) So, it made sense to add the large waffle iron. I love making oat bran pecan waffles for the grandkids. It has a great 'drip' tray surrounding the entire cooking area, non-stick. Oh, and I almost forgot the stainless steel citrus juicer.
          The first Breville microwave I had went bad, making a weird mechanical sound while turning its platter. I phoned support, and they told me how to ship it to them. I said I didn't want to go two weeks without a microwave (I need to reheat my coffee or tea every 5 minutes while sipping!) They were willing to mail me a new one (took my CC number), and I put the old one in the same box when it arrived and shipped it back for credit against the card. Good customer service.

I have looked longingly at their Oracle espresso machine, but I keep getting spare parts for my 10 year old DeLonghi, so can't justify it (yet). Also, it requires dumping the grounds, instead of automatically doing it for you. Lazy me.
          Last edited by Dr. Pepper; July 16, 2019, 06:19 PM. Reason: The reason for editing? Everything needs editing!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a Breville Fast/Slow Pressure Cooker and a toaster. They are both top of the line.

Maybe they'll add the capability to use joule without a phone. I'd consider buying one then.

Comment

• johnec00
            johnec00 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea, Dr. Pepper I have two sous vide circulators. Both use a pre-90's thingy called a switch. Works first time, every time.

• ILikePigButts
            ILikePigButts commented
            Editing a comment
            The phone thing is a bit of an annoyance. Actually wish we would have went with Anova, but oh well.

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            The pairing protocol with the Joule is pretty easy. The Nomiku WiFi requires a video presentation and a PhD.

I have their smoking gun.

Comment

Good marriage, since Breville is known for its high quality standard. Sounds like Joule will continue to perk along with no changes except for more recipe content. Yay.

I didn't realize that Chef Steps was in trouble financially. I had always heard that the Joule was a solid seller. It sure gets rave reviews from Cooks Illustrated and some of the other big hitters.

Kathryn

Comment

Glad to hear. I have the Joule and love it, but it does need the app to work.

Comment

Might lead to ChefSteps developing more recipes that use more Breville products... more Fast/Slow (instant pot) recipes from those guys would be welcome additions.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here