Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving This Sous Vide Hack So far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving This Sous Vide Hack So far

Got an Anova circulator for Christmas and with limited kitchen counter space decided to try the Coleman Party Stacker Sous Vide hack so I could cook outside on our screened in patio. Over night temps went down to 23 and it held a solid 150 no problem. Another benefit is after 13 hours I don't see any measurable water loss through evaporation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_134807.jpg
Views:	1095
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	625632

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_134841.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	625633

I like it! Havent heard of that one before.

Comment

This is the ultimate slow and low. ...one day I am going to do a brisket in the sous vide

Comment

I like using my Cambro container with silicone lid. I am sure this is much more efficient though. The great thing about lids is they save you on evaporation.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I use that for everything that will fit. I dunno that I'd trust my stick outside. But I have a party stacker that I use for things that don't fit that well in the cambro. I also use it to SV things for potlucks at work.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, wouldn't trust mine outside either. @Potkettlebalck

What size is the cooler?

Comment

• cgrover60
          cgrover60 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the "24 can" party stacker.

Originally posted by grantgallagher View Post
        I like it! Havent heard of that one before.
        Here ya go.

Comment

Some additional details, see post #10 in this thread...

I have the Joule by Chefsteps. It works great and I really like that it is so much smaller but as powerful as the competition. I'm in the market for a cooking vessel for larger cuts of

Comment

That looks like a great way to cook, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Got to be more efficient than my stock pot with foil covering it, loosely ripped to go around the circulator, LOL.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha, I did that for a while. You need an upgrade. brother!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here