Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pushing the frontiers of bbq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard this conversation so many times. The only difference is it was about mountain oysters.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Times have changed, now it is the other end of the bull/steer.

Fabulous. Sliced thin and use for sandwiches. Takes me back to my childhood!

Comment

We love tongue tacos or just a nice tongue sandwich.

Comment

Lengua (pickled tongue) came out 10 points!!!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ahumadora; December 22, 2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I watched my grandfather cook beef tongues as a child. We would eat it with mustard as hors d'oeuvres. 60 years later, I am smoking them on my Karubecue. If you don't like the taste of beef tongue, try Bison tongue. It is much milder and tastes more like beef than beef tongue. Be aware, bison tongue cooks much faster and is more tender. My brother has created a tradition in his family, he chases his wife and kids around the house prior to slicing it.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            It is the texture that puts many off. Try it like I did above. cook/smoke/slice/sear it and comes out great. Had it on the fresh soft bread buns and was excellent..

The beef tongue on the charcuterie platter at Le Pichet in Seattle is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life. Thanks for sharing something off the beaten path.

Comment

If any of you eat beef Weiner or bolgna or store bought hamburger you are eating it!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here