Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide ribeyes for 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    There weren't any Scouts, it was a leaders only camp out.

• RonB
    replied
    Looks like a great job to me, but you may have landed a permanent gig.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard - you read my mind.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I was clearly in the wrong troop in my adult life! Very nice.

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    FLBuckeye, As one Former Assist. Scoutmaster to Another, I have to Ask what did the Scouts Cook? Our Troop required the Scouts to Cook some Part of their meals! Usually the adult leaders would have a plan B for Disasters! A sure Success was a Bag of Dehydrated Au Gratin Potatoes w/cheese with cubed canned ham in a Dutch Oven or Two, and a peach or apple cobbler for desert again prepared in a Dutch Oven! The simple and enjoyable part was the cleanup the Boys could eat with a Spoon or Fork from a Small Plate and when finished a Pail of Warm Water and Hilex (bleach) was ready for them to clean their Personal Utensils! They were assigned details regarding camp policing and clean up! Right or Wrong that's what we did although a Small Troop a high percentage of Eagle Scouts including our Son came out of it!
    I would be remiss if I didn't Congratulate you for Your Interest and Efforts in the Boys!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• Tim E
    replied
    Impressive head count for sous vide steaks!

Leave a comment:

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    Wow way back when, When I was a boy scout (before the invention of color) our camping trips consisted of Snipe hunts and way overcooked (but we loved them!) hamburgers and hot dogs! Dang times have changed and for the better it would seem!! Very nice spread!

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    I was clearly in the wrong troop in my youth!

Leave a comment:

• Stevehtn
    replied
    I've been very curious about the sous vide beer cooler idea. Thanks for the post. Now I have enough positive reviews to give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    That was a very enjoyable read, and a nice set of pics! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mayapoppa
    replied
    That was epic... you have lucky friends!

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    commented on 's reply
    Had to look that one up. Looks magnificent! Have a recipe you would care to share?

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Whole hog...

• David S
    replied
    Originally posted by FLBuckeye View Post
    I started camping with doing a picnic ham. Next up was a standing rib roast. Then this weekend. Not sure how I top my latest effort. Anybody have ideas???
    Crown Roast of Pork.

Leave a comment:

• FLBuckeye
    replied
    I started camping with doing a picnic ham. Next up was a standing rib roast. Then this weekend. Not sure how I top my latest effort. Anybody have ideas???

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here