Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QVQ Medium Rare Brisket - Step by Step

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you want to keep it no more than135ish. Think of medium rare steak, that's essentially what you are doing. Of course time is directly propositional to thickness and weight. I generally do 10 to 12# briskets (after trimming fat) and 50-60 hours always produces good results.
    Last edited by Troutman; June 22, 2021, 05:33 PM.

• ehsteinert
    replied
    Thanks. For big stuff I SV in a picnic cooler of appropriate size with my Anova Pro. So you recommend same temp, for about 60-70 hours?

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Same methodology. I do smaller ones all the time. Just limited by the SV container.

• ehsteinert
    replied
    Any thoughts on going large with a whole brisket?

Leave a comment:

• sos2979
    commented on 's reply
    The party stacker lid fits tightly to begin with. I run my Joule through a Master Caster® Cord Away® Grommet, 2 3/8" Flexible that I got from Office Max. Just made a whole with a whole saw on the party stacker lid. Glued it in...but the glue is starting to come loose. May have to find an epoxy or something less heat sensitive.
    Last edited by sos2979; February 3, 2021, 04:35 PM.

• dlaslo
    commented on 's reply
    I don't get how you seal the party stacker on the top.

• sos2979
    commented on 's reply
    Coleman party stacker I got based on another article in here has worked great. Since it's insulated and seal pretty tight you don't loose much water and should be easier on your Anova. You can see part of it in my earlier post

• dlaslo
    replied
    Amazon has the 12.6 qt. VPCOK for 30% off. Looks like it’ll hold a brisket.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Amazon also sells Lipavi, that’s the kind in my photo. I think it’s 20 quart. I also have a Rubbermaid 12 quart but their larger models are tall instead of long.

• KabBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I use one of the food safe Rubbermaid clear plastic tubs on Amazon. They come in various sizes and you can buy lids with pre-cut holes for the immersion circulator.

• dlaslo
    replied
    I’m going to try QVQ a brisket next week, but first I need to break down and get a plastic SV tub like the one you show for the Anova

Would you share the model or link of your tub...looks like a good one
    Last edited by dlaslo; January 15, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Fogey
    replied
    Spectacular! But how about doing it in 90 minutes?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210111_182003.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	972583

Just kidding. We did corned beef in the Instant Pot tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ddmcwhirter
    commented on 's reply
    That is beautiful! I tried to sous vide a flat, but this Anova I'd bought would not run for more than about six hours. About the fourth attempt, woke up to room temperature and threw it into the smoker for a regular 200F cook. I just need to remember to get a better heater. Pastrami must be outrageous also!

• Stuey1515
    replied
    It's posts like this thread that are the core of why AR is so unique. People thinking outside the box and trialling all sorts of ideas and then happily sharing their tricks with the AR community. I've been so glad I found this place, a treasure trove of facts and ideas in an interweb of bullsh#t and angst, MH for POTUS!!!
    Last edited by Stuey1515; August 28, 2020, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    I have only had bags fail when they’ve been in the freezer for a while sliding around or when the item has bones etc.

I double bag and double seal for any long bath just to be on the safe side.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here