Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time sous vide quing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time sous vide quing

I’ve long used my sous vide for steaks and chops but always finished by searing stove top. Tried it out using SnS to finish my tomahawk and got fantastic results using cold grate method. I’m gonna have to build a grill shed so I can do this year round rain or shine.
    Attached Files

. Now I need to go get a steak.

Comment

Great lookin' steak.

Comment

Mag-freakin'-nificent!

Comment

Nice, how long and what temp, in the water?

Comment

• Robvjr
            Robvjr commented
            Editing a comment
            115 f for water temp, 2.5 hrs

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            DogFaced PonySoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            I was gonna say, that sumb***h looks pretty rare! lol You obviously like 'em that way, more power to ya!

• Robvjr
            Robvjr commented
            Editing a comment
            DogFaced PonySoldier while I do like mine rare(Pittsburgh even if I’m with the right people) middle of this guy hit 127 after I was done searing so almost at med rare. Ribeyes just have way more myoglobin then say strips. Last year I cooked two roasts, one rib and one strip to exact same temperatures, Rib eye was way redder regardless. Luckily most people went for the "more cooked meat" leaving me the rib.

If you can’t get a shed built a coat and hat will get you through another winter

Comment

• Robvjr
            Robvjr commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I’m used to doing, but a shed with a cooler full of beer is quieter than a house with a wife mad about water marks on the coffee table lol😂

WOW!!!!! That looks killer!

Comment

My dog is asking for that bone, he licked my phone....

Comment

Again, this thing looks #BEYONDBEASTMODE

Comment

Drooling here. Nice!

Comment

Wow what a beauty. That SnS cold grate method that David Parrish came up with makes the perfect steak. Your cook proves that. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

My butcher has those steaks, but I have been a little afraid off them. what container did you use to sous vide that big boy?

Comment

• Robvjr
                      Robvjr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have some big kitchen 5-8 gallon containers(perk of working in food and bev for as long as I have) and used a 3 gallon zip lock bag

Wow!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here