Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled/Shredded Brisket Flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled/Shredded Brisket Flat?

I want to try a sous vide pulled brisket flat very tightly trimmed in a adobo sauce (think barbacoa). I've done them braised with excellent results. If anyone has specific experience doing such a thing I would be interested in you cook temp and times for the best shred?

Hey, Potkettleblack , straighten this one out! ;-)

Comment

Probably 155 for maybe 24 hours. Prepare the sauce separately. This is about how I’d proceed:
      Getting Stopped Short Beef short ribs have become very popular.  It’s easy to forget that not so long ago, they were really a sort of throwaway cut. Fatty, extremely high in collagen, and tough with lots of bone, butchers and chefs were only too happy to part with them in favor of the cut at the other […]

Sous Vide until it pinches in the bag like it will pull. 140x72 will do it, 155x24 probably will too. Brisket isn’t short ribs, but collagen is collagen.

Shock, and then build the sauce in the pan with the meat and the clarified purge.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
        Probably 155 for maybe 24 hours. Prepare the sauce separately. This is about how I’d proceed:
        Getting Stopped Short Beef short ribs have become very popular.  It’s easy to forget that not so long ago, they were really a sort of throwaway cut. Fatty, extremely high in collagen, and tough with lots of bone, butchers and chefs were only too happy to part with them in favor of the cut at the other […]

Sous Vide until it pinches in the bag like it will pull. 140x72 will do it, 155x24 probably will too. Brisket isn’t short ribs, but collagen is collagen.

Shock, and then build the sauce in the pan with the meat and the clarified purge.
        155 for 24 was my plan, the pinch test is a good idea. However I plan to prep the sauce then freeze, sear brisket on my SnS, seal along with frozen sauce.

Comment

Either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
            Either way.
            After reading the link, maybe 140 at 72, Thanks, my biggest question was if I should ever consider a bath of 185 or so. It seems in this case lower is better.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              For almost every application, lower is better. Vegetables would be the obvious exception.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here