Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed‼️ BBQ Sauce Recipie's Made From Souix Veee Pork Butt Purge❓❓

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Needed‼️ BBQ Sauce Recipie's Made From Souix Veee Pork Butt Purge❓❓

While Practicing and Prepping For the ACE HDW BBQ FEST, I " ENDED UP WITH ABOUT 2 GALLONS" of Purge That I Hare To Waste❗️ ❓ ❗️ Any Help or Suggestions Would Be Appreciated‼️
    From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Make perfume, but don't let your wife wear it outside the house - men will be coming from miles around.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha!!!!

That purge has a lot of good stuff in it and is concentrated. But first you've got to solidify and strain out the myoglobin, albumin, etc. by putting it in a microwave-safe container and microwaving it. Then strain it through a coffee filter.

Here's a good article about the purge, with a link on how to use it: https://sousvideresources.com/2016/10/07/sousjus/

When I do just a couple of steaks or chops and try to use the purge, I find it's mostly the solid gunk after I microwave. But you've got a lot of purge which can be concentrated deliciousness after you nuke and sieve it.

HTH,
    Kathryn

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc, Kathryn, Eunice and I Poured The Broth Away From The Fat For The Most Part When We Removed The Butts From The S-V Before Cooling It❓ I Think I Have Mostly Broth, Fruit Juice , Lemon & Lime, Worsteshire Sauce, Salt & Pepper, Garlic and Onion & & &❓
      Once Arround The Kitchen‼️ Now I Am Wondering To Throw In The Way of Herbs & Spices, To Make It Palatable, Spicey❓❓ Dan

Process as recommended by in Fzxdoc’s link above. Build whatever flavor on top of the strained purge. As I like it with vinegar, that’s be where I go with it, but you can build whatever off it.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack, I'll Defer To "DOCTOR ANY DAY"‼️ I Know She's Better At BBQ than I'll Ever Be❓❓ I Have't Told You, That My Efforts at Sou - V Que Pork Butts from for ACE HDW'S BBQ FEST TURNED OUT GREAT‼️ No Real Savings In Overall Time, But No Stahl, Tender Meat and A Great Smoke Flavor‼️ Everyone Happy‼️ Over 150 Pic's in an iGloud File Share, I Send You and fzxdoc a Link‼️

THANKS, Dan

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to seeing that link, Danjohnston949 . Sounds like the Ace event was a real winner for you. Congrats! You and Eunice deserve it!

Kathryn

Is it just me, Butt Purge sounds like a nasty situation?

Comment

Thanks for the info! I knew there was something criminal about dumping the purge,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here