Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Corned Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Corned Beef

I read meathead's Pastrami recipe. Will I have good corned beef if I take store packaged brined brisket for corned beef and sous vide per meatheads pastrami recipe without smoking?

Well, you won't have pastrami. Pastrami has to be smoked. You need to smoke it. You can use Sous Vide for the steaming step.

Comment

Be careful with sous vide and corn beef that has the papain for a tenderizer. It will make a gummy mess I am told.

Comment

I suppose it's sacrilege here, but you could try using a liquid smoke glaze like Chef Steps "smokerless brisket" glaze under Meathead's pastrami rub.

Comment

Why not just corn your own? It’s not that hard, only takes about a week. I agree with Jerod, the papain they use to tenderize leaves an odd taste imo.

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. DIY pastrami is the best!

You're just trying to do his corned beef recipe you mean? I think you'd be fine either way. As long as it' cooked. It'll be hella salty if you don't desalinate it or boil it though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here