Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1" wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1" wonders

1" thick. If I had meat glue I'd stick 'em together.

No biggee, gonna sous vide, then sear after a little indirect.

Pre and post kosher salt pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170828_233920.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	371112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170828_234202.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	371113

May I have the bottom right corner piece of the top picture? Please?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, that's what brought them home.

Mmmmmmmmmm ...

Comment

Looks good...can't wait to see final product.

Comment

Wot? Jerod Broussard cooking something less than 2-6 lb hunks of meat?
        Those two sure would do a lot of good in my belly

Comment

Looks like they will be great!

Comment

Now there's an idea... meat glue. Looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Great lookin' steaks Jerod.

Comment

Beautiful steaks you got there Jerod. Nice marbling.

It's great to hear your ok through all the devastation in your neck of the woods.

Comment

Yeah, they were in the "off brand" packaging at Wal-Mart. Surprised they had any marbling. I just installed gaskets on both Webers. I used two pork shoulders on the 26 Saturday night to test it out, these steaks were "needed" to test out the 22.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                  HorseDoctor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "needed" Ya gotta do what ya gotta do... Enjoy!!!

Do you still get a big leak where the thermometer cables go under the lid after you put the gasket in?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I tested it with the Thermoworks Smoke. No smoke I could see (well I could see the Smoke but not the smoke ). I could see the impression of the cable into the gasket. Very happy.

• Mudkat
                  Mudkat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm gonna have to do mine then. I have the kit just haven't taken the time to do it. Smoke just pours outta mine where cables go in.

Are you still OK weatherwise, Jerod?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, nothing happening here. Just a little rain. No threat of anything. It was worse for the last storm in June with respect to rain.

Or or you referring to the 2+ hours I spent this morning at the dentist getting fitted for a crown on the very last tooth in my stinkin' mouth???

Alright. So last Sunday the "hershey squirts," then Monday I start getting the scratchy throat, Tuesday 2.5 hours in a dental chair, then Friday come home from work sick.

Saturday I pan fried one steak, twas alright.

Today whipped up dude number two. Pulled straight from the fridge and "cold grated flipped about every 30 seconds" to that dude. Pulled off at 121 internal. Slight banding I couldn't taste.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_133704.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	373871Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_134019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	373872Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_135458.jpg Views:	1 Size:	147.3 KB ID:	373873Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_135610.jpg Views:	1 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	373874Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_135854.jpg Views:	1 Size:	201.5 KB ID:	373875Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170903_135931.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	373876
                Last edited by Jerod Broussard; September 3, 2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heroic!

Where's the mayo knife? Steaks look mighty fine bud!

Comment

Bet that tasted good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here