Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caprese stuffed deboned chicken quarters with balsamic glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caprese stuffed deboned chicken quarters with balsamic glaze

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3860.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	368111Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3857.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	368108Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3859.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	368109Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3854.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	368106 So before my dad returned to Pittsburgh yesterday I Sous vide a late lunch/early dinner for him.

i started my doing a quick dehydrating of some garden fresh cherry tomatoes to concentrate the flavors a bit. The cherries were seasoned with a bit of sea salt, cracked pepper and fresh Italian seasonings.

I take that back, I started the night before by deboning the quarters and brined them inside out. While the cherries were drying I sliced the mozzarella and a few San marzano tomatoes and picked some fresh Genovese and lemon basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary.

Chicken pulled from brine, rinsed, dried and turned right side out then stuffed with the fresh tomatoes, slightly dried tomatoes, fresh herbs and cheese. sprinkle of salt, pepper and herbs on the outside then tightly rolled in plastic wrap and the ends tied with butchers twine. Then vacuum sealed.

Placed into the hot water bath with my Anova at 145F for 90 minutes then pan seared in olive oil and garlic. While searing Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3862.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	368110 I had a pot of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar reducing which was spooned on just as it the chicken finished searing.
    Attached Files

That sounds and looks very good.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

MONEY! Great post.

Comment

Winner winner chicken dinner! Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Thumbs up on that one! Sounds delish and looks that way too.

Kathryn

Comment

So my 70 year old father was in a conundrum.

"You can't cook chicken at that temperature" but he'll do anything for "his little girl" (:-) yes I'm a grandma).

He was grunting and groaning with every bite he took and not the sounds of displeasure.

Comment

Nice job! Consider your recipe officially plagerized ...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here