Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anova 800 watt bluetooth sous vide cheap on amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anova 800 watt bluetooth sous vide cheap on amazon

Looking at sous vide machines and noticed that the older anova model is on cheap. Drawbacks I can see are less power and no WiFi. I'm thinking big power isn't as important since my tap water is set high at over 145 so need time to pre-heat. I'm also hoping I can just set it and forget it so don't really need wifi.

What do you experienced folks say? I know the Joule is the one to get but its over double the price right now on Amazon.

I have the Anova wi-fi & bluetooth and couldn't be happier. As long as you're not trying to cook too much at once the Bluetooth model will serve you well. The bluetooth is rated for 7-8 people and the wi-fi at 10-12. Its more about how much water they will heat and maintain the temperature. I rarely use the bluetooth or wi-fi with mine, over 90% of the time I use the manual settings which in my opinion makes this one better than the joule. With the joule you control with your smartphone, just another thing to go wrong as far as I'm concerned, and no alternative if it does. Just make sure it is a Genuine Anova cooker and not a cheap imitaition.

Comment

I'd be careful. The square head version is an old model no longer available from Anova. If you go the manufacturer's site ( https://us.anovaculinary.com/?type=WIFI ), the current 800W BT version is on sale for $119 (and I got a popup that claims even cheaper if you sign up for their email newsletter). FWIW, I've been using the 900W BT+WiFi version for the past year or so and it's absolutely great (I rarely use either the BT or WiFi).

Comment

My SV only has manual controls, and I'm happy with it after 5-7 years (can't really remember). The 800w should be good for most things. And if you need to do multiple big pieces, SV makes it easy to serialize the cooks.

Comment

MBMorgan - you make a good point. I purchased a thermoworks thermometer from amazon and it turned out not to be authentic. Duly noted.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here