Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

48 hours...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48 hours...

... pulled first brisket flat at 48 hours and will let the other flat go another 24 @ 155*. After chilling it for a few we will do a final sear. Note how much juice was pulled after 48 hours.
    Attached Files

WOW! I bet that's incredibly tender.

Comment

Sear 1 minute
      Attached Files

Comment

Rest a few then slice...
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure you need to go so long at such a temperature. I would do for that length of time at more of a steak texture or at that temp for something like 8-12, for a more traditional finish. Am curious to see how you feel about it?

Comment

• FlaBouy
            FlaBouy commented
            Editing a comment
            Done several in this manner and my last 155 vs 135 was 60 hours. I preferred the 155. This test is just to see the texture difference between 48 vs 72. Carry on

Who says you can't SV a ring..
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, I love how it looks! How does it compare to the previous cook?

Comment

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty close in texture to the last 155 @60. Difference is taste. I smoked all the way through 145 on this one before it went in the bath. It sure retained the wood profile. I suspect the 72 will be long but I said what the hell.

Lord.. just go ahead and take me...
            Attached Files

Comment

We're really going to need a side-by-side comparison. Not pics, but observations.

Comment

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              More testing will be required..😎 The last one was a full packer. This was the flat only. But if I must sacrifice then, I'm your Huckleberry..

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              We can wait while you move forward!

Yep you'll get a ring until the meat temp hits ~160-170F. If you SV up to 130, 155, etc, you'll still get one if you subject it to combustion gasses for any length of time, likely even deeper if it's chilled first.

Comment

Great-looking sammich! I'm salivating and I already ate.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Man, to think you just missed the new issue of Hot Form The Pit, that sure is a beautiful buncha pics!

Comment

That looks super to me.

Comment

Man that looks great

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here