Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sous vide brisket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sous vide brisket question

On Friday the 21st I trimmed a brisket and cut it into 3 pieces. that evening I put one third of it in brine, its on its way to becoming pastrami.
    Saturday night I vac sealed the other 2 chunks and put them in the sous vide for 36 hr. put them in an ice bath this am and then in the fridge.
    here is the question: Is it safe to keep the brisket in the fridge for 5 days before I finish on the smoker?
    thanks in advance, mark
    BTW, Amazingribs is a great site.

What temp were they SV'd at?

Ya might want to take them out the bags and introduce to a more Oxygenated environment.

Comment

As long as they went naked for that time, at 131 or higher, should be okay.

Comment

Cooked at 155. I'm. Curious about the "more oxygenated environment.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Some microbes survive better at oxygen depleted environments. If you are going to leave in the fridge that long good insurance policy would be to introduce oxygen. The cooking temp and time took care of those that will survive with plenty oxygen.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here