Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Chicken soft tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Chicken soft tacos

I just got my Anova yesterday and I'm thinking about making chicken soft tacos as one of my first cooks Sunday. I plan on using boneless skinless breasts. Any suggestions on temp and time. I've reasearched online and seen temps of 140 to 160 and times from 2 hours to 8 hours. I plan on putting some salsa verde in the bag as I am cooking.

Thanks for any advice

I prefer around 144F for a little over an hour (if not frozen). are you going to brown/torch after?

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      I plan on just shredding

From my notes: Chicken breasts: 1-4 hours at 141F - 147F. Looks like cosmo has the sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by EdF View Post
      From my notes: Chicken breasts: 1-4 hours at 141F - 147F. Looks like cosmo has the sweet spot.
      Yeah, I've settled on 144F after a few test around your range - at least for white meat.

If you are going to shred, no need to torch but an option is to throw it in a flaming hot cast iron pan just to brown a little.

Comment

Should be a good experiment!

Comment

For shredding I'd recommend 65 C / 150 F for 3-4 hours. It'll be heated through after 1-1.5, but you want to cook it for longer to help it pull apart.

Maybe remove a bag after an hour or so, chill it completely while the rest is cooking, then try cutting it into cubes and see which one you like best. This is how I do my chicken for salads.

Any flavourings you add to the bags need to be at least quickly fried in oil first. You don't want to put raw garlic or rosemary in there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here