Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri Tip

I sous Vide a tri tip the other day and ice bathed to stop the cooking process and then put in the fridge, what is the best way to bring it up to temp before searing with a torch? Should I put it back in the bath?

I have only used the reverse sear after the HTTM. This allows some smoke flavor.

Comment

I just warm up with Sous vide at same cooking temp temp for about an hour. It won't cook any further, then pat dry and sear until your color is reached. I do that all of my Sous vide cooking as I usually don't sear until another day. Sometimes a few days later.

Comment

If you were going to eat it right away there is no need for the ice bath, but in your case, I do like to put it back into the bath at a lower temp, like 120F to warm back up. Other alternatives are reverse sear just as kmhfive suggested or wrap in foil and throw in oven on "warm" setting (if you trust your oven).

I still think throwing back in bath is best best if you are planning to sear w/torch.

Comment

Agree with freddh and cosmo .

Comment

Thank you everybody for the insight, will warm it up in the bath, don't trust oven

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here