Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you Sous-Vide-Q this pork loin???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you Sous-Vide-Q this pork loin???

Ok Pit Crew...

I found this pork loin as I was cruising through Sam's meat section. It looked like a low maintenance cook that would be good to fix during the week.

Thoughts on how you would SV-Q it (time & temp in SV and after an ice bath, cooking temp and IT on the smoker)? Or would you just SV and grill it (without an ice bath)?

Also, to avoid the paper labels coming off in the SV and gunking up my Anova, I'm thinking of leaving it as packaged but vac-sealing it inside another bag. Good idea or just overkill?

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork_Loin - 1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	305620

1- I would just rebag the sucker.
    2- as I Sous Vide nearly everything naked, I'd be concerned about salt levels and what's in the rub (raw garlic, no).
    3- like a pork chop. 135 until the math says it's done. Douglas Baldwin's time temp charts are good for that.
    4- if you want to smoke, shock it down, smoke back to 130, then sear if the bacon doesn't crisp in the smoking.
    5- if you don't want smoke, and the timing is right, I'd go right to the sear, because of the bacon.

Comment

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Great advice. Thanks!

Its the tenderloin. You might perfer medium rare doneness.

Comment

Did this up mid-week and it was a super easy meal. It turned out awesome! The texture was closer to a tenderloin rather than a pork loin. Great flavor. The marinade had an Italian dressing flavor profile. Here's the details....

The loin went in to the hot tub time machine at 140 for 5 hours.

Name:	Pork_Loin - 1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	308378Click image for larger version

Name:	Pork_Loin - 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	308379

Next it went from the HTTM to the Weber gasser for a quick sear.

Name:	Pork_Loin - 3.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	308380

I was very happy on how it turned out. The juice is the purge from the SV bag, not from slicing the meat.

Name:	Pork_Loin - 4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	308381

A great mid-week meal that got two thumbs up from the Boss. She directed that another one gets procured from Sam's the next time we're there.

Name:	Pork_Loin - 5.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	308382

Comment

Excellent way to do a loin!

Comment

I'm looking forward to trying your technique. Looks great!

Comment

• T-bone
            T-bone commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! It really was almost like pushing the Easy Button. Very low maintenance cook and super tasty.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here