Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hot hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing to add, I love the Joule recipe for salmon. I put some advacado oil in the bag with the fillet. Then have a oiled, hot, cast iron pan ready for the fillet. Gently lay the fillet in the skillet and sear!! It will be amazing. The Joule is a great tool for the kitchen.

Comment

Our Joule arrives Jan 15. Since then we've SV'd pork chops, pork belly, 18 hr chuck roasts, 20hr brisket, 24 hr braised beef ribs, salmon, weekly yogurt, eggs Benedict and vegetables, too numerous to mention. The only flop was the first attempt at bacon. Wife and I highly recommend it. Your milage may vary.

Comment

Amajeff99 If your wife likes shrimp, maybe a special dinner for her would be some calamari? I read this article over at Lifehacker and did the 59 degrees C for about 2 hours. I think I just did it with some butter, salt, and pepper and put it over a salad, but really the sky is the limit for what you want to put them on, very versatile.

Hello, and welcome back to another episode of Will it Sous Vide? , the weekly column where you tell me what to cook with my Anova . Last Monday , w

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven't tried it yet, but have heard that SV can really do a great job on calamari or octopus. I can attest to its use for mussels and scallops - both come out "just right".

• doctorak
          doctorak commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, as mentioned in that article I linked to, you actually have a smaller window to get it cooked right than traditional proteins (cow, chicken, etc), but still a lot easier and more forgiving than other ways of cooking it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here