Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dang blasted MCS strikes AGAIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang blasted MCS strikes AGAIN!!

Well, I cheerfully blame it all on you guys and gals. All this talk about sous vide and que. I pulled the trigger today on the Anova wifi model. I don't really care that much about the wifi, but the 900 Watts is good. It was a close thing between the Anova and the Joule, but the Anova won because I just could not bring myself to buy something that was ONLY wifi controlled. I am pretty excited though! I can't wait to venture into the world of sous vide.

I also ordered a 5 quart Dutch oven with a lid that doubles as a skillet. I intend this for sourdough bread baking, so I blame all you bread guys for that.

There! I have assuaged my MCS, and can tell my wife that it wasn't my fault! Thanks guys and gals! Of course she will never believe me...

Thumbs up, Boss! We're there with you.

Comment

Dagnabbit!!!

Tell yer wife it's all MY fault!
      When she rolls her eyes, then tell her I'm a (recoverin') Seabee!!!
      (Might jus' work!!!)

We git blamed, anyhow...

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Seabee's are dang near as good as Army Combat Engineers .... both of you could dig a good hole for my tank!

It looks like you will be in Dutch no matter what...

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe if I get her an extra special birthday present, I might escape only slightly bruised??

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thunder77 - You need to buy her a soft pot to throw...
        Last edited by RonB; February 27, 2017, 09:26 PM.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by RonB; February 27, 2017, 09:38 PM.

Thatta Boy!!!! You will love it. It opens up a whole new chapter in cooking. It's a lot of fun. Plus, there are a lot of people around here that are SV maniacs, and they have helped me a lot.

Plus, anytime you get some CI, its a damn good day. She will understand that.

Hi, my name is Spinaker.................And I have MCS.......Today I relapsed and bought a Fireboard. I know, I know.......I already have 5 Mavs, why do I need the Fireboard?

BECAUSE ITS' NEW, ITS' CUTTING EDGE, AND I HAVE THIS BURNING DESIRE TO HAVE THE LATEST GEAR!

(Slams coffee, walks out of meeting, curtains)

Congrats on your new toys!!!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

You bought the Fireboard without even looking at the Flame Boss 200?

i really like mine and it already has all of its features implemented. More MCSπŸ˜‚

Best regards,
      Jim

Comment

• jgg85234
        jgg85234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fan control, at least last time I looked.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        One of the many symptoms of MCS. Uncontrolled, impulsive purchases. And I don't really like using controllers.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I'm not excited about fan control so didn't even worry about that

I'll tell you what...I have been talking about the benefits of my Anova here for awhile. I even did a MS Word write-up of what I liked and did not like about it but never posted it. Chicken was on my "do not like" list. I make a fantastic injected smoked chicken breast. Yesterday I had the best plans but could not get to smoking/injecting. So I said "what the heck" and gave the Anova another shot. I could not have been happier. I still will not say it beats my perfectly smoked, injected chicken breast but it came close to my best ever. It saved time and I STILL grilled it to finish it off. I couple that with my Super Bowl chicken wings (which I SV'd for the same reason) and chicken is off of my SV "do not like" list. I'm certainly not the expert with it on this site but I'm really glad I got it and would never take it away from my arsenal.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        PBCDad - I use smoked paprika but you can substitute with regular paprika. The smoked just gives it a little more depth. I don't typically inject until the day of the cook - a couple of hours before. I generally rub the night before.

• PBCDad
        PBCDad commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect, thanks for all the info! The paprika comment was more about tbs vs tsp (tablespoon vs teaspoon) - I'll pick up some smoked paprika

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        PBCDad - Got the question now. Sorry - misunderstood. I use a teaspoon of the smoked paprika for the injection - my rub has some too, so I go lighter on it in the injection. I think you will be really happy with the moistness of the breasts.

Where is the delete button??
      Last edited by RonB; February 27, 2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• jgg85234
        jgg85234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Edit your post, scroll down a little and voila, there's a delete button

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        jgg85234 - no it's not there anymore??

Thunder77 ... coming up with believable lies about why you needed to buy a cooker or any other cooking accessory is just part of the MCS affliction. Anytime you make an acquisition that goes over smoothly with the wife... that needs to be shared with the rest of us.

Cast Iron Dutch Ovens for sourdough bread baking is a no brainer. It's the best steam trap known.

Sous Vide cooking and bbq are a great marriage... in my opinion. Sous Vide cooking without BBQ is fantastic.

Have fun with your new toys...πŸ‘

Comment

Two excellent choices!

Comment

Thunder77, Congratulations on Curing Your MCS! Now that You have that out of the Way! I Recieved My Joule before Thanksgiving, I Have Yet to Use It! I Don't Parlee Vooo Souix Veee Dooo? I am Studying It and I will have the Joule when I figure it out? Makes Sense To Me! πŸ˜šπŸ€”πŸ˜‡πŸ€”πŸ˜š
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Dan the Man... there's no studying necessary with the Joule. ChefSteps has done all of that for you. Just type in what you want to cook and they walk you through every step. They're like the AR of Souix Veee Dooo.πŸ‘

Welcome to sous vide and sourdough bread. You won't regret it I guarantee it....

Comment

Hey, awesome! I got my Anova for Christmas and it's pretty fun. You're gonna love it.

Comment

Congrats. Got my joule just around thanksgiving been a lot of fun and some good food. Enjoy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here