Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sue who? Sue Veed ribeye.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sue who? Sue Veed ribeye.

When the Anova is $99, you get one. Boneless ribeye with SPG. The goal is 45 minutes, but I set it to an hour because I got other stuff going on at the same time. It can hold at 125 up to 2 hours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0663.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	265425

Hot hot hot cast iron!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0668.JPG Views:	1 Size:	549.4 KB ID:	265462

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      I smell that in my mind right now

This is as All American as a dinner gets, except nobody makes a doppelbock like Ayinger:

Name:	IMG_0669.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	265465

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, doesn't get much better 'n that. (Except personally I'd do mashed taters or fries since I've never been a big baked potato guy, although occasionally I do put a small one underneath all of my butter, sour cream, and cheese ).

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I save the potatoes for last. When the meat is gone, I tale the skin off the potato and mash it into all the plate juices, and then I eat it. There is no finer use for a baked potato.

And this is what I expect when I do something sous vide.

Name:	IMG_0670.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	265467

Comment

That looks mighty good.

Comment

Nice job! Do you accept drop-ins or are reservations required???

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I gotta stop coming here when I haven't eaten.

Comment

Looking Very Good Mosca ! Nice Cook.

Comment

Fantastic! $99?

Comment

Looks delicious. Haven't tried sous-b-que steak yet but I believe you motivated me to cook an all American meal this weekend. Mmmmm Steak!!!

Comment

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    boftx , the war has already started and shots have already been fired. It is taking over the main site and the new lead writer for AR may champion and promote the SV cause.

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hogdog6 , i beg to differ... I don't feel this qualifies as sous-b-que steak since there was never a grill involved. Simply went from the hot tub to the cast iron skillet which imho is just standard SV steak... now if he had seared that thing off in his cooker... that would have been a different story. As boftx mentioned... there may be a war a brewing lol

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is not a sous b que. And, there is no war that I can see, there is only good food and how to make it. If it was warm and not raining, I would have finished the steak on the grill. Maybe.

Well Mosca the steak still looks pretty dang tasty... Anova for $99??? hmmmmmm....

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 800 watt one dropped to $99 for a day, then went back up. Then dropped again for a day. Keep your eye on it at Amazon.

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mosca , thanks for the heads up

Gorgeous

Comment

Man that is one beautiful finished hunk of cow. Nice job Mosca ! SV prices are tempting my MCS these days but if I can't get smoke in my eye I'm happy to just let my chef wife perform this kind of magic.

Comment

No war. Amazing food cooked amazingly. If someone finds a way to sear steaks perfectly with a magnify glass, we'll be there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here