Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short Rib Stroganoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Rib Stroganoff

Costco Boneless shortrib. In Sous vide 129x72. Stage shocked (15m at room temp, 15 ice bath, then to fridge), and refrigerated for a day or so.

Removed from bag, dried and cleaned. Rubbed with sweet paprika, salt and pepper, seared 1-2 minutes a side.

Then the rest of this process only I didn't have gelatin, so I used Xantham Gum (yeah, I know), no mustard (personal rule), no fish sauce (wife was already complaining about smoke and smell, so extra worchester) and no white wine (forgot... would work well). Slice short rib and retherm in the sauce.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...of-recipe.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3509.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.37 MB ID:	264108Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3510.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.54 MB ID:	264109

in the one with the spatula, you can kind of see the sear and the edge to edge rare-med rare.
    Last edited by Potkettleblack; January 16, 2017, 08:03 AM.

Potkettleblack did you mean to put a thumbs down in your title?

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Weird. When I selected it it was a Thumbs Up.

• lschweig
      lschweig commented
      Editing a comment
      Potkettleblack I figured it was something like that.

Well, thumbs up for a tasty looking dish!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      If it were any richer, it would donate to the Bill &a Melinda Gates Foundation. But in a good way.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here