Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Tri Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Tri Tip

I posted a few days ago and needed advice for my first Sous Vide Tri Tip. Thanks again for your posts and advice. Here is today's results. Over night dry brine and some pepper. Sealed in the bag. 12 hours today in the tub at 134----then a 4-5 minute sear on the Weber Kettle. Served with lettuce salad and squash. Came out tender and tasty!! A dry run for Christmas. Click image for larger version

Name:	SV Tri Tip 1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	249553Click image for larger version

Name:	SV Tri Tip 2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	249554

Super beautiful dry run.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I can't wait to try it again.

Nice work Skip.

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Thanks. I'm humbled by your comments.

Comment

Looks amazing! Christmas dinner will be good at your place.

Comment

I have a couple of Tri Tips in the freezer already brined and you have me wanting to cook one, looks Guuuud!

Comment

Very nice indeed!

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Skip - Very good job! Those are fantastic photos.

Comment

Very nice, Skip. Great pics too.

I'm stuck on-the-road this week with my new Sous Vide device still sitting in the box back home. Can't wait to try a TT like yours.

Comment

I just got home to my newly-delivered Joule too--been traveling, so haven't been able to touch it yet. You've inspired me, Skip . That's a great-looking piece of meat.

Kathryn

Comment

That looks great! Did you do a chill dunk before the sear?

Comment

• Skip
                        Skip commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No just a super hot sear on the Weber kettle for a few minutes. Thank you.

Nice cook Skip ... it looks perfect!👍

Comment

Thanks for all of your positive comments. This truly is an Amazing Site!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here