Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Thanksgiving

Hi, everybody. I'm planning Thanksgiving dinner and thinking about incorporating some sous vide dishes into the process. My sous vide machine has been in the cupboard over the summer, so I'm a little rusty . I'm curious what thoughts are here about what traditional to semi-traditional Thanksgiving dishes would work well (and be practical).

Found a couple articles on the topic:
    http://modernistcuisine.com/2013/11/...rnist-cuisine/
    https://sansaire.com/2014/11/cook-th...sing-sansaire/

I'm probably going to do my turkey in the PBC (though I am tempted to try the turkey leg confit in one of the sites above), so I'm mostly looking for thoughts on other dishes. Thanks in advance.

I did a SV apple with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It was awesome, plus it'd be a great thanksgiving meal.

Comment

I have zippo experience with the ole' soooo veeedie thingamajig. Wish I could help.

Comment

Personally I'd go to Chefsteps.com, Anova.com and sousvidesupreme.com websites-they have a vast array of ideas for sides. Good luck!

Comment

• chudzikb
          chudzikb commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said, if you want/need to learn those are the places to go, now get on that!

Remember veggies go hotter and sometimes longer than the meats. That being said, corn is really good SV.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Always hotter. Rarely, if ever longer.

In the end, I did three items SV for Thanksgiving this year, two of them turkey.

The star of the day was "Sous Vide Turkey Breast with Crispy Skin" from Serious Eats. This won Thanksgiving and will likely become a staple.

Second was a turkey leg confit from the Sansaire website. This was good, but not as good as I thought it would be.

Finally, from the same website, a Brussels sprout confit. This was ok, but it was missing something. Maybe if I'd added bacon or something.

Comment

I made this from Chef Jacob Burton https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...ey-leg-roulade

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here