Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input! I figure 3-4 more weeks of collecting empty beer cans on the side of the road should get me enough cash to buy one.

Comment

I my Anova Sou Vide except for the clamp to adjust the height. I had problems with it from day 1, and it finally broke on me this week. Other than that no complaints. Super easy to use, super great results!

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you contact tech support? Mine broke too. I emailed them to see the cost of a replacement since I'd had the unit for about a year and they just asked me my mailing addy and shipped one to me for free.

Got the Anova almost a year ago, no bluetooth or wifi. Works like a champ! Love it! We use it about once a week.

We used to use it in my pressure cooker (only pot tall enough other than my canning pot), then I hit the restaurant store and got this: https://www.therestaurantstore.com/items/34402 and I got two of these https://www.therestaurantstore.com/items/39022 to go with it. One of the lids I cut a slot for the circulator to slow evaporation and an uncut one to save the water bath for another run.

Ordered two Joule, one for us and one for a cousin's wedding next March. I thought BF would be upset that I bought a second one for us, nah he can't wait to get his hands on it! LOL

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, we have a few of those speckled blue enamel pots (being in the northeast), and those are the usual water containers here.

Here come da' Joule, here comes da' Joule, everybody knows here come da' Joule! Got mine today and will be cooking in earnest tomorrow. Also got the ThermoWorks Smoke and the the Drip n' Griddle Pan. This site is costing me a pretty penny, oh well...

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Bad case of MCS.

Dr ROK Concur, a very bad case of MCS.

Comment

Looking for an Anova? Check this out. $99!

Comment

• Atalanta
          Atalanta commented
          Editing a comment
          I was surprised to see it in the Best Buy black Friday sale ad for $99.

• freddh
          freddh commented
          Editing a comment
          The same price at the ANOVA.com site.

Anova or Joules in a cooler.
        I'd stay away from the boxed equipment. Go with a SV stick.

Comment

Alright so I don't want to get into a dispute here LOL. I have an Anova stick and it works quite well. I see that Meathead recommends the Joule. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. From what I can see though, the Joule does not have a clamp. It just rests on the bottom of the container. Am I missing something? Frankly, I would prefer something with a clamp.

Comment

• mgaretz
            mgaretz commented
            Editing a comment
            It has a clamp (more of clip) and it works quite well.

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            It has a clamp but it is a small clamp. Not big enough to clamp on something like a cooler. They say they will be selling larger clips soon.

I've had my 2 Anova Bluetooth circulators for over a year. I used the Bluetooth feature a couple of times when I first got them and found no value in that feature.

I use a rectangle and a circulator Cambro for my bath tubs. I never cover them to limit evaporation. If it's a long cook I just refill the tub as needed. I've set the hot water temperature out of my water heater to come out of the faucet at 135° so I don't have to disrupted the cooking temperature when I add water. If I'm cooking at 190° I preheat some water on my induction cooker to get the water temp I want to refill my bath tub.

If you've never used one yet... you will eventually. I predict that every kitchen in America will have one in a few years simply because they are so easy and accurate. Plus they are the ultimate set it and forget cooker ever invented. I bought a couple for my daughter in law that is a working mother of my 2 grandkids. She used them to make baby food and liked making her own.

I pre brine steaks, hamburgers and other meat, vacuum seal it and put it in the freezer. When I want to cook those meats they go in the bath tub right out of the freezer. Talk about simple.🙀
          Attached Files

Comment

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            Like a microwave - when my mom got her microwave, it was still a novelty, now just about every dorm room has one. And since SV is still relatively unknown, I figured it's better than a toaster or blender for a wedding present (they get a joule).

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a nice tub. Mine is the same style, 5 gallon Rubbermaid.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here