Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book(s) on Sous Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book(s) on Sous Vide

Hi folks

How did you guys learn sous vide? Recommended books? Websites?

Chef Steps and Anova's website. Plus trial and lots of error (admittedly)

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• GadjetGriller
      GadjetGriller commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm right there on the errors!! But at least I haven't made the same one twice, yet! (notice I did say yet lol)

Meathead is going to be doing some developmental stuff with Sous Vide to Grill .... I am praying and hoping he writes an informative article on this.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be great - it's an area I've been experimenting with.

I use you tube a lot! Chef Steps and also check into C.T.P. (https://www.youtube.com/user/petersenct)

Comment

ChefSteps and a ton of Google.

I I did read the original threads at egullet, with NathanM and a bunch of others that inspired Modernist Cuisine.

Also, the Sous Vide Supreme site. And a Facebook group about SV, curing, BBQ and slide guitar (very little of the last).

A few favorite folks on the Interwebs, for the googling, no particular order:
      Douglas Baldwin
      The Alcoholian
      Serious Eats
      ChefSteps
      Kosher Dosher

Comment

Dave Arnold cooking issues is good too.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Seconded. He can do some really crazy things that I wouldn't recommend at home though, like the first turkey.

• Michael Brinton
          Michael Brinton commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been listening to the past episodes of his radio show so I'll look forward to hearing about that. Carbine grinding stones on hot rocks in a microwave as a searing plate had me laughing.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Wife would freak if I did that. Something else nuts.

Thanks, folks. Your input is very appreciated.

Comment

I second all of those, especially Serious Eats

Comment

We got started with it because BF reads Reddit and it came up in his feed right before Christmas. So I googled it and found the Serious Eats: Food Lab articles. I have the Anova app loaded on my touch even though the circulator we have doesn't connect. It is a good reference though, so I'd suggest it even if you have an incompatible unit.

Serious Eats: Food Lab Sous Vide
            Modernist Cooking Made Easy: Sous Vide (though the rest of the site is interesting too)
            Anovo's Cooking Guide

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here