Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaching a 74 year old man to cook...😆

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaching a 74 year old man to cook...😆

My daughter in-laws mother died a year ago. A massive stroke.☹️

Her father had been TOTALLY pampered by his wife during their 54 year marriage to the point he didn't know how to run the washing machine, the dryer, the coffee maker, etc.🤔

He complains about having to go out to eat alone all the time because he doesn't know how to cook. He's loves steaks! He loves filet Mignon.

I said Steve... I'm going to teach you how to make gourmet Filet Mignon that will knock your socks off and... It's going to be very, very easy. He laugh at me... Saying that's not possible.🙈

I brought over my Sous vide circulator, my bath tub and my vacuum packer. I demonstrated exactly how to set up the Sous Vide bath tub and the Anova circulator. I showed him how to work the FoodSaver vacuum packing machine. I told him we will have dinner sometime this evening. He was quite amazed that we could decide when to eat, that we weren't a slave to when the meat was done.

7 hours after putting the meat in the bath tub we were ready to dine. I preheated the Cast Iron skillet and took the steaks out of the bag and showed him how to sear the steaks. He loved our dinner.

He is now a Sous Vide fan... He's ordered an Anova circulator, a 5 gallon plastic bath tub and a FoodSaver vacuum packing machine.😆👍
    Attached Files

You've done a fine thing, Breadhead . I bet Steve was delighted to enjoy a delicious meal at his own table once again.

Now perhaps he might like to learn about Blue Apron that CeramicChef and Jon Solberg talked about here.

Kathryn

Comment

+1 to what fzxdoc said. Way to go!

Comment

Yes, a good thing you did. Congrats on teaching a man how to fish.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          More like teaching a man how to steak.

K.

Breadhead - That's a very nice gesture you just did. Thanks. You're aces!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here