Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered this sous vide rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered this sous vide rack.

Going to have multiple pieces for my pastrami.

Sous Vide Rack

That is very cool. I recall seeing Sous Vide as a method a long time ago. This site has reopened my eyes to it. On a side note, the short time I have been on this site I have gained 5lbs! I am cooking better tasting food and it is showing! I need to start putting the extra away before I can get to second helpings!

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a wait gain is fairly normal after joining AR.😆

Cool indeed ...

Comment

Pour it on!!!!!

Comment

I like the three different positions it allows and it will fit my tub nicely.
        martybartram I've been wearing the same belt since 1994. I'll take genetics over jennycraig any day.

Comment

• mayapoppa
          mayapoppa commented
          Editing a comment
          I have also been wearing the same belt for 20 years... thank goodness it has a lot of notches!

Jerod Broussard yes those damn genes, lol. For me its really about going mach 12 for 20 years and then having my body fall apart, being limited in my ability to be active and then having my endocrine system retire on me. We are so much smarter in how we train, educate, and treat our special operations Soldiers now. Oh well, I will just haul more bags of charcoal and make sure I forget things in the kitchen so I can run back and forth from there to the grill. I look forward to watching and learning more about sous vide.

Comment

Jerod Broussard - that's the same rack I use and it's fantastic. I tried a few other hacks (yes hacks, not racks) to try and keep items submerged or vertical, and even wasted money on a nickel-chromed napkin holder. Chrome came off and rusted the first time I used it. Looked around on Amazon and found some that were crazy overpriced ($50+). After buying the Sous Vide Supreme rack I couldn't be happier. I bought a second for bigger cooks with more items.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I saw some way more pricey with adjustable bars and all that.

I likey
          Attached Files

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice ... now I need to justify yet another toy pieces/part to the DW ...

Just followed suit. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I use the same rack too. It came with my Sous Vide Supreme.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              It took me a bit to get the right orientation for what I had. Definitely nice to have. Absolute pain in the rear not to have it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here