Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Anova Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been talking about getting an anova for a while. Even did the cooler sous vide in hopes of wowing my wife. Well, today she came home and handed me a box from amazon! Inside was my new wifi sous vide. I wasted no time in running to the store to buy some salmon (relatively quick cook on short notice). Olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon slices were all I used. About 30 minutes at 125 and this was the most amazing salmon I have ever had. As melt in your mouth as can be. I'm sold after one try. I've been pushing it on people at work too (as well as this site)!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! There is a recipe on Anova's recipe WIfii/Bluetooth (Sous Vide Salmon: Brining is the key) that suggests brining before sous vide. I tried it that way with Copper River Salmon and it was great! Never going back. BTW since I live in the PNW, I'm gearing up for my yearly Copper River Salmon overdose.

Comment

I like salmon at 122°F for 35 minutes then seared on the skin side in cast iron with a little bit of olive oil. Before bagging I put the fillets on a plate and cover generously with kosher salt and white sugar. Let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes then rinse them in a bowl of ice water. I like to bag with a good amount of EVOO which helps the white albumin float off the fish.

Comment

Its here! Steelhead was he first test. Finished on the weber
          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here